Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Fun: June 27th-28th

Wow, so I haven't blogged in a bit so I have some catching up to do. I have really been enjoying the summer so far. Lucky me, go the flu 2 weeks ago but rested up and was able to complete the first race of the North Shore Swim Series the "Raging Isle Spint" 1 mile swim The water felt amazing and there was so much life underwater to look at while I was warming up. This would be my first workout after getting sick, I still wasn't much better but I didn't want to miss out on the beautiful race and free t-shirt. The women started 5 mins before the men, here is a picture of us heading out to the start bouys. I did ok on this swim considering that I was still sick, I felt good during the swim but after I finished I just wanted to lay down. All of my friends were riding their bikes back to Kailua or town and I had to get in the car and drive myself home to lay down for sleep. I had my bike with me ready to ride, but since I had a race the next day... I needed to get as much rest as I could. I crashed as soon as I got home and later that day made preps for my race the next morning.


Sunday was the Firecracker Sprint on the SouthWest side of the island. I was feeling better (not great) but during my warm up I really could tell that it was going to be a "snotty" race :-) This race had an interesting swim.... the water wasn't so calm which made it a fun 500m swim.
Here was the women's wavy start - - - -
I had a spectacular bike split, Chris let me use his ZIPP wheels for this race and I think that made a big difference. The run was flat and fast like the bike and HORRAY I am finished. I was glad to be done.... somehow the snot rockets just never stopped. I HATE BEING SICK!! I had a great time and enjoyed getting 1st place in my Age Group :-) After enjoying a fabulous breakfast I headed home for another day of resting and recovering from my FLU/RACE weekend.

Here I am with the 1ST PLACE OVERALL: Maggs and another BOCA 1ST PLACE Age Group winner Michele
Look how beautiful the beach was after the race was pau.......

I got to work the next morning and was immediately informed that I had been SELECTED for my request for orders to the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) in San Diego, California. I am happy because this is the duty that I was hoping for, but sad because I am going to have to say good-bye to my wonderful happy life here in paradise. My goal until I have to leave is to continue to have the time of my life......


ALOHA!!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention you had the 2nd fastest women's bike split of the day at the tri :-) And were the 3rd woman off the bike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Maggs' got your back!

    Is it something in the water over there that you guys won't let yourselves heal & recover from injuries and sickness? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete