Friday, July 31, 2009

PARTY TIME??

I don't feel like I had a party, but according to these ice bags .... I had a party last night. I have been a little tougher on my body this week than it is used to. (probably since Honu training) I thought I would be good to it and give my legs an ice bath last night..... it did feel really good. I was just missing the pizza and beer that Maggs likes to have with her ice bath :-)
So, since I have been a "blogger" I have learned some things from everything that I read. I read that some athletes use ice bath, hot bath..... so I tried it 2x. If you have any feedback on what you do for recovery, your comments are welcome. After the baths, I put on the compression tights and went to La-La Land for the night.

I slept so hard that when I woke up, I thought that I had slept past my alarm and I was wondering what day it was. LUCKY TODAY IS FRIDAY!!! That give me a little more of a happy boost. Today, my hamstrings, quads, and glutes feel sore but I am hoping that by tomorrow morning they are ready to race! I am totally nervous about Part 1 of the BOCA STAGE RACE........ the OLOMANA ROAD RACE!! I am just going to get there early in the morning, warm up for 45mins on the trainer and give it my all to hang on to the ladies!!




I know that atleast the Time Trial will be ok, I am only racing myself during that one :-)
Well, right before I wanted to post this blog I found out that I MADE CHIEF!! I am currently a Chief Select. My life totally changes today but I am happy about that. I will be very busy for the next 6 weeks or so until my "pinning" on Sept 16th. I am hoping to be able to participate in some events, but I will see what my schedule allows. Thanks for all of your well wishes and good luck.
I AM STOKED!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the neat Navy info. Sincere congratulations on making E-7. I would guess the E-7 berthing (and perhaps the mess) might be better for an E-7 on the 76. Would be interesting to know if there is a difference in the watches for an E-6 vs. E-7; our E-6s stood 1in3, our forward chiefs stood about 1in5 on the sub. I hope the Navy does a better job now than it did in my day briefing you on case studies from the past—in air intercept, Iran Air Flight 655 and Korean Air Flight 007 come to mind—in carrier life, the 1972 racial incidents of CVAs 63 and 64. Thanks for your service. Keep on enjoying the swim/bike/run.
    Rick and Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! Wonderful :D
    Now it's time for a REAL party where the ice should only be for drinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! We all knew you'd make it. Congrats. See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY TO GO! That is so great. Have fun training and can't wait to hear about your pinning ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! I love the ice baths! Funny when people ask me why I'm celebrating when I wearily buy the ice at the grocery store. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - where'd you go? I want to hear about the party!

    ReplyDelete