Monday, May 25, 2009

HURDLES

Today is Memorial Day and many folks are out at the beach or paying their respects to loved ones or fallen heroes. I am in this position here in the picture stuck at home still feeling like a run down machine. I gave my bike ride a shot today and felt dizzy and like I was going to vomit after so I decided to call it a day on the training note.It seems as though ever since I started training for this race (on Saturday) there has been one hurdle after another. It started with the "finger" incident. I had a little hurdle with 7 stitches in my pinky finger as you will see in the picture below. Another silly thing I did was crash my bike the morning of the Lanikai triathlon and had a bum knee for over a week. Well, here we are now... days before the race and I am layed up on the couch looking like Robin from Batman only severely beaten or hungover :-) Well, close enough anyways!! My opinion on this whole thing is that this is just another hurdle that I have to cross. I have friends that have had many trials and tough days during training or races and they just keep on moving with their head up high so I am going to do the same thing. I will spend the rest of my day lying around and resting so my body will hopefully forgive me for the punishment that I have been putting it through for the thrill of crossing that finish line with a smile on Saturday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment